nafex - Re: [NAFEX] RHUBARB from seed

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] RHUBARB from seed
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:29:17 -0700 (PDT)

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB

Hi mIEKAL,

I grew some rhubarb from Territorial seeds. It was very easy to start,
transplanted very well and all looks pretty uniform to me. None of it is
terribly red, but I think the varieties I grew were Victoria and Glaskin's
Perpetual and I don't think they are even supposed to be red. Haven't
actually harvested any as its still competing with grass pending the
completion of my summer fallowing...

Sarah Ewing
zone 3 Edm, AB