nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tastes like pineapple

  • From: "Richard J. Ossolinski" <ossoeo@myfairpoint.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tastes like pineapple
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:55:55 -0400

FWIW, in some years my single "male" kolomikta makes very small but tasty fruits; but since the removal of a mammoth linden tree which used to provide it with ample shade for many hours each day, the kiwi's stunning variegated foliage (which to me is reason enough to grow this variety) is no longer stunning, but rather quite ordinary - with only a hint of variegation earlier in the season, but now completely absent.
Richard
Gouldsboro, ME  Zone 5, where Cox's have come and gone (a full 3 weeks earlier than usual), and Macs, Honeycrisps and most Asian pears are at their peak: huge cloved seed garlic sales are brisk.