nafex - Re: [NAFEX] gooseberry leaves

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam (MPCA)" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] gooseberry leaves
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:45:00 -0500

Donna, don’t be too critical of Crandall.  It was selected in Newton, Kansas, where the growing season is, for the most part, hot and dry and windy.   A native plant will display disease resistance as long as we do not grow it in an environment much different from that in which it originated. – Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.  (USDA Zone 4b)