nafex - Re: [NAFEX] crab apples

  • From: anne bianca <atbianca@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] crab apples
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 16:52:47 -0700 (PDT)

Very interesting - the one we had must have likely been a cross also.  I spent some time this morning researching a bit and the closest 'old' varities I found were 'Primate' and Newtown Pippin.  The latter of course, is readily available for purchase, even in nurseries here in Arizona.  I might wind up planting one someday, as our weather here limits many varities of apples.