nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry trees

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry trees
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:27:05 -0400

Helene and Jay

Firstly Helene what a wonderful thing to want to preserve this tree and its fruit that obviously hold strong memories for you.

I do however have a question. In my pursuit to fill my garden with all things fruitful, I did actually consider planting a Mulberry. Ken Taylor at Windmill Point Farm in Montreal lists Illinois Everbearing and Carman as suitable for Z4 (I am Z4b, I imagine about the same zone as you are Helene)

In the end I decided to dedicate my somewhat limted space to other types of fruit, but for future reference, is the general opinion that Ken is being a little too optimistic? He is a little warmer than me down in Montreal.

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC