nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fireblight on Korean Giant pear

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fireblight on Korean Giant pear
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 09:48:53 -0500

I have both the Korean Giant and the Olympic growing here at my place under
the same conditions (same soil, nutrients, and sunlight). The fruits look
identical but to my taste the Korean Giant tastes sweeter.

Did you do a blind taste test, Bob, or did you always know which one you were eating? Just curious. It's certainly no big deal, and they may indeed be different strains of the same thing. I really have no idea.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
Buying the right computer and getting it to work properly is no more complicated than building a nuclear reactor from wristwatch parts in a darkened room using only your teeth. - Dave Barry