nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fireblight on Korean Giant pear

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fireblight on Korean Giant pear
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:15:29 -0500

Richard,
My Korean Giant/Dan Bae came from Bear Creek Nursery; was one of the first
four Asians I planted, back in '95.
Most of the materials I purchased from BCN over a 3-4 yr period, before they
went out of business, were true to name, as best I can ascertain, but there
was one apple, purchased as Wickson crab, the last year they were in
business, that was NOT Wickson - 'twas some sort of mealy early season
apple, similar to, but different from Early Harvest. So...it's entirely
possible that my 'Korean Giant' was not the same as yours; I've certainly
seen enough folks rave about it, that I've had questions for some time as to
whether I had the real KG.
I plan to take you up on the scionwood offer;
LLP