nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cider Mill

  • From: david.maxwell@dal.ca
  • To: 'North American Fruit Explorers' <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cider Mill
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:48:32 -0300

I agree that the Atlas juicer does a fine job. BUT it produces a turbid
juice, which will not
clear no matter how much one tries to clarify it (with finings etc.) I
suspect the garbage
disposal will do the same thing. As long as it doesn't matter that it isn't
clear this is a very
satisfactory solution, but if you are trying to make alcoholic beverage
cyder, (which should be
crystal clear), it poses a problem.