nafex - [NAFEX] Apples That Bear On One Year Wood

  • From: "Jim Freeman" <jf@gctruck.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apples That Bear On One Year Wood
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:46:53 -0400

I have noticed that several varieties on Bud9 rootstock will set quite a
lot of fruit on one-year wood in our orchard. For us, Gingergold seems
to set the most one-year fruit and will do it on semi-dwarf roots (M7)
as well. When we have left too many apples on those trees, we have
noticed a steep decline in vigor for the remainder of the year.
Jim Freeman
Freedom Farms
Zone 7 Georgia

Message: 9