nafex - [NAFEX] training mulberries

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] training mulberries
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:17:23 -0500

I put in a bunch of Illinois Everbearing with the intention of
harvesting the fruit to make wine. I really don't want them to turn
into full sized trees & have been considering two options. 1. Keeping
them headed off at 10-12 foot range or 2. training the central leader
horizontal at about the 4 foot level & creating a sort of espaliered
hedge. Are there any other possibilities and/or does anyone have
experience with managing them for fruit?

~mIEKAL