nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Best edible plants in Zone 5 rain garden?

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Best edible plants in Zone 5 rain garden?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 05:58:48 -0500 (EST)

Here in central NC pawpaws grow in flood plains, but on high enough ground
that they only are in water once or twice each year. I have seen them with
water one foot up their trunk for a day or two before the water recedes.
Persimmons tend to grow on ground that is a little higher, where the area
might flood less than once per year.

Jim Nottke