nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 4th edition fruit and nut inventory

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 4th edition fruit and nut inventory
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:21:19 -0600

What irritates me about this new 4th edition is that I wrote to Seed Savers
last year and asked if there was a new edition in the works, and they said
that no, it cost too much to do and with the internet it didn't' make sense
to publish a new edition. So I bought a copy of the 3rd edition, since I
didn't have one, and now they come out with a 4th.

I like the idea of such a book, though, if for no other reason than to use
it as a compilation of descriptions of varieties, to give me ideas of fruits
to try and possible sources. Then I look it up on the internet.

Jim, in Western Wisconsin

<<winmail.dat>>