nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scions before true dormancy?

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scions before true dormancy?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:59:48 -0800

Thanks, Lon. I'll give it a shot. I have another couple weeks here but unless we have some freak weather, I'll need to induce dormancy.

On Nov 16, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Lon J. Rombough wrote:

I've had success with scions in November.  Strip any leaves off the shoots you want to  use. That helps push them deeper into dormancy.  Leave the wood on the tree at least a day or two, or longer.  Then cut and store in wet paper in closed plastic bags in the refrigerator.
Good luck.
-Lon Rombough

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA