nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Growing Amelanchier

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Growing Amelanchier
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:13:53 -0600

I've posted this to the list previously. In Minneapolis near the 3rd
Street bridge, there is a Hardy's that has 3-4 A x grandiflora planted
as landscape plants. They were heavy with very large (for saskatoons)
fruit that had good flavor. I've never had saskatoons anywhere that I
would describe as sweet but these were plants that had a lot of
potential. I was never able to germinate all the fruit I collected,
not sure why. This was a few years back so no idea if they are still
there.

~mIEKAL