nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in a Botany Class

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in a Botany Class
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:08:26 -0500 (EST)

Gene,

I find that a short piece of 1 inch wide masking tape, just long enough to go
around the graft twice, is adequate to hold a whip-&-tongue graft, which I
then seal with Parafilm.
I will check with a couple of my rootstock sources when the workweek starts
up tomorrow and see if anyone has 40-50 apple R/S available.
You will need to get scion wood from a colder clime than mine - my apple
trees are still fully leafed.

BTW nice photo of you on the seminar announcement page.

Jim Nottke in Pfafftown, NC