nafex - Re: [NAFEX] russian olive, elaeagnus sp

  • From: Lee Reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] russian olive, elaeagnus sp
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:08:38 -0400

Hi Hector,

I remember that many years ago you sent me a small bag of dried igde from Turkey via one of your local store. I thought they were pretty good, for nibbling, at least, sort of like sweet talcum powder. I should have saved and planted the seeds. I will check into that plant at UMass; I get there each summer for the organic farming and gardening conference in early August.

Lee
Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
A Northeast Gardener's Year