nafex - Re: [NAFEX] autumn olive

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] autumn olive
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:37:04 -0400

Planted 4 plants, 5 years ago (admittedly seedlings).  Big plants (now), but I have been thoroughly underwhelmed by fruit production.  I have gotten perhaps 12 fruit in all that time and the problem isn’t birds or wildlife, it’s a lack of production.   I gave up on bush cherries years ago for similar reasons (Hansen’s first and then Nankings).

My Goumi, while still small, are a much better eleagnus in my opinion (but then I’m biased by the lackluster production of AO)

Scott Hills

Zone 6b Michigan