nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OT: squirells, coytes and wolves, oh my.

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OT: squirells, coytes and wolves, oh my.
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 08:29:26 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Lucky here. Squirrels are in no way, shape or form in any danger of dying out any time soon. The best place for them is in a stew pot. As far as re-introductions of wildlife, wolves are a very good idea. If you don't have wolves, you end up with coyotes. Personally, I think wolves are far less dangerous to domestic animals and are easily dissuaded by a good stock dog. Coyotes, on the other hand, will attack almost any livestock smaller than a cow, and aren't particularly impressed by the presence of a dog.