nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pluots

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pluots
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:46:54 -0500

My experience is that they hold well in the fridge, and ripen well at room
temperature in a paper bag. But then, I may be starting with riper fruit.

I must admit that I didn't put them in paper bags. Frankly, I've been so swamped with fruit that I DIDN'T want them to ripen quickly.

But my plums ripen so fast on the counter that I can't get them eaten before they rot (my refrigerator is full of garden produce), so it's been a surprise to see the pluots apparently change not at all. :-)

Thanks, Stephen!

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Should we cover our heads and whimper because reality is not as we would have it? Beautiful lies are not superior to horrible truths, so why not hear the truth even when it is vulgar? - Matt Berry