nafex - Re: [NAFEX] where is global warming?

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] where is global warming?
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:40:30 -0400

We had the same thing here on Sunday. Wind, hail, then snow. Enough snow to make the ground and rooftops white.
I didn't see it because I was returning from a family trip to the tropics. Cruise ship Carnival Freedom sailing as far south as Antigua. We were landing at the Albany airport about the time the snow was happening up here. Three hours later we got home with no sign of snow but the temperature was 38 degrees at 7 PM.
Even last night, the low at the local airport was 31 and the forecast lows are in the mid 30s until Monday. I am so lucky because my house is next to a lake and we stay 4 or 5 degrees warmer at night compared to the airport or compared to houses on the other side of town.

Steve in the Adirondacks

Caren Kirk wrote:
Ernest, where are you? I feel your pain. We're still in our lng sleeves and wooly socks. Sunday afternoon I convinced my family to go for a bike ride. It was 7 deg C with a freezing wind and then it hailed 1cm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>