nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fast fruit/weeping mulberry

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fast fruit/weeping mulberry
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:23:19 -0700

I love mulberry. It's one of my favorite fruits. Taste varies by species, though. I like the taste of Morus nigra more than Morus alba. Morus nigra has a deep rich berry taste. Morus alba 'Pakistan' tastes a bit more insipid to me. I've tasted mulberries from street trees that were good but I'm not sure if those were Morus alba or Morus rubra.