nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Raspberry winter kill

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Raspberry winter kill
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 21:21:06 -0500

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll see what happens next year.

I really don't want to replace my black raspberries, because the birds planted them, and I doubt that I can convince them to plant another seed of such quality. :-)

Seriously, these raspberries, which started from a single volunteer plant growing beside my garage, have been great. No trouble (with disease or pests, I mean), and delicious! Last year, a couple of the newer plants (I've been extending the rows a bit) had raspberries that were bigger, but very bland in comparison. Well, I guess the birds are still planting seeds occasionally. I dug them out, because the other, smaller berries were so much better.

So I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks again.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
More and more the timeline is raising the question of why, if the torture was to prevent terrorist attacks, it seemed to happen mainly during the period when we were looking for what was essentially political information to justify the invasion of Iraq. - Josh Marshall