nafex - [NAFEX] test - final - moving on to Gooseberries

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] test - final - moving on to Gooseberries
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:11:28 -0400

OK, I tried it again and this time I saw the post. I am grateful for all the advice, and will put it to use later on today. No idea why it is working sometimes!

How 'bout them gooseberries? I checked my Glenndale after the inches and inches of rain and was horrified to find it lying flat on the ground! I gently (ouch) lifted it up and tied it to the stake better [ouch] and noticed it was loaded with gooseberries. Lesson learned: when you "stool" the gooseberry, be prepared to support that stalk it in a very wet spring!
My Hinnomaki Yellow is trying to take over the world, so's the Red. and I pruned these plants! [ouch]
This year I had moved them [OUCH] inside the fence in the garden so that I could actually get some gooseberries. Something out there Really Likes them. Better than cherries, mulberries, etc.
Barbara R
Z7
Central Virginia

  • [NAFEX] test - final - moving on to Gooseberries, Rosholdt, 05/18/2009