nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Reliance peach tree

  • From: Drevniok <colleendaly@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Reliance peach tree
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:04:43 -0400

Hi Toni,

I am having the exact same thing happening to my Reliance. Last year I had a bumper crop on my tree (5 years since I planted it).
This year it has about 12 blooms on the bottom branch with a few leaves; the rest of the tree looks dead. However,
during the previous winter (2007/2008) there was so much snow that it broke a main lateral leaving a huge crack - this
no doubt did not help matters.

Peter Drevniok, Gatineau, Quebec zone 4b

Toni Pralle wrote:
It's looking like the Reliance peach tree that gifted me with so many
peaches last year is dieing of whatever took it's sibling the year
before. It has a very few small leaves. I cut the other one down last
year leaving a 2 foot plus stump about two inches in diameter and
something has come from the root but I don't know what. I have the 4
new trees planted but it looks like yet another year without fruit. As
if a dead tree matters. We're going to get frost tonight.