nafex - Re: [NAFEX] SSE Fruit, Nut, Berry

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] SSE Fruit, Nut, Berry
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:56:56 -0500

I have the old '88 edition and use it all the time as a reference book.  I'd think that it would be useful to find nurseries that don't have websites.  Each listing in it has descriptions taken from catalogs.  Some are surprisingly honest about variety deficiencies, though not all.  Another way I use it is to see how many nurseries carry a variety and where they are.  If southern nurseries carry something, I kind of figure it won't keel over from disease here.  Pears that only come from western nurseries, I stay away from those.  Donna