nafex - [NAFEX] grafting success

  • From: "Mark and Alisha Fehringer" <markandalishafehringer@peetzplace.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] grafting success
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:43:18 -0600

Scott,

You state,

"For apples I like temps at least in 50's, for peaches and
apricots I like 70's-80's and for grapes I like 80's-90's."

Are these daytime high temps?  Minimum temps?  Daily average temps?  Where are you located?  When the temperatures reach these targets, do you have any danger of frost?  I find temperature targets to be confusing because in my climate, temps in the 50's will definitely have danger of nighttime freezing.

Another question.  Does frost/freezing damage/kill the new grafts?

Mark
Northeast Colorado