nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grape trellis question ( Anthony Curcio )

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grape trellis question ( Anthony Curcio )
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:26:42 -0700 (PDT)

If the fence around Anthony's orchard is only 4 feet high, and the deer haven't eaten everything yet, then there can't be that many deer in his area. There might not even be enough to eat grapes growing on the fence itself. I've picked delicious grapes growing untended on a fence.  I think the fruit getting tangled in the wire is only an issue if you want nice big bunches to sell or impress your friends with.

If their actually are a lot of deer, though, you could improve your current fence with a few horizontal wires strung higher up to discourage jumping.

Melissa