nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Illustrating, "bark in the slip"

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Illustrating, "bark in the slip"
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:49:02 -0500

Ah, Betsy, you've succumbed to that old, old malady - I've fought it for years - without much success.
This may be the first year that I've not been out grafting before Easter.  Always itching to get out there and get at it, but sometimes it's better to wait a while and go slower - kinda like the old bull in that old, old joke:
'The young bull said to the old bull, "Let's run down the hill and breed a heifer!", to which the old bull replied, "No, let's walk down the hill and breed 'em all."
I'm with Jerry - try to slide your budpiece in without buggering it up too much , and see if it takes -  or wait a week or two and try it again.

LLP