nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chums and sweet cherries in the north

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chums and sweet cherries in the north
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 07:14:43 -0400

Claude, I am right outside St. Jerome. Regardles of charts, I classify myself as in Ag Can Z4b, with the ability to sometimes get away with a Z5.

I was worried about the chum taste, although Dona said she thought they were good. Oka, Maor and Sapa, are the 3 chums I've seen most commonly around. I am surprised Stella works for you in Quebec, is it due to milder conditions in the city. I was always worried that it would not do well here...

Mont Royal could be interesting.  Never tasted it, I guess it must be good. I forgot it could be self-fertile.  My boys are a bit fickle about plums (one minute they love them then, forget it, they won't touch them), so that, and my limited space, is why I can't make up my mind to get one or not.

Caren.