nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chums and sweet cherries in the north

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chums and sweet cherries in the north
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:20:57 -0400

Caren,
Where are you in Quebec?

I am in "Ville de Québec" - here some sweet cherries do grow (Stella for
example) but my orchard is in Charlevoix and sweet cherries don't grow
anymore... I have tried a few without success.

I have a Manor chum, but I am not impressed by it - true plums are much
better. Mont-Royal is the best for here. And you don't even need to have 2
as it can fertilise itself. The only problem is that racoons love them and
I need to pick before they are fully ripe.

Claude Jolicoeur