nafex - [NAFEX] Ailing apricots (and nanking cherries)

  • From: Karen Kellogg <garuda2@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ailing apricots (and nanking cherries)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:48:24 -0400

I plant the things and then hope hope for the best; they are for me only, and I don't do much spraying. I've had good crops from my Apricot (Sungold, or moongold. not sure) and nanking cherries-- but first the cherries and now the apricots seem to have shoot die back, and the apricots also seem to have what I think is shot hole disease. One would have me spraying Copper at leaf fall, the other I forget the possible cure.

Does anyone have trees that have survived these and continued to produce without extensive spraying of various things?

I think I'll plant more blueberries.....

Karen
zone 5 in NW Connecticut