nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ailing apricots (and nanking cherries)

  • From: Karen Kellogg <garuda2@comcast.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ailing apricots (and nanking cherries)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:54:49 -0400

Hector, (and others)

Thanks for the reply;
The fact that the die back is branch by branch, a worm is a possibility. My oldest bushes produce heavily, and still have healthy branches, though I am waiting to see what leafs out this spring. Usually a branch does leaf out and then dies back, I'd rather not find a 'worm' but may see if the stems are hollowed out.
The berries are just tasty enough to stand there and eat; I tried using them to make a fruit tart and after much work to pit, the tart tasted like sugar and lemon juice...

Karen