nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Deer repellents???

  • From: "JAMES ELIE" <tomelzear@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Deer repellents???
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:57:22 -0600

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone considered the use of thorny trees or shrubs to block or channel deer activities.  I have been quite impressed with the thorns on my honeylocust although the osage orange that I have grown has been quite formidable as well.  A little pruning here and there may insure better coverage of an area.  If they were to work, even partially, it may be possible to channel the deer to where another means of defense could be used, if only something with an attached scope.

Jim Elie
Green Bay WI
z4/5