nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Glockenapfel, Belle de Boskoop, CO hardiness

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Glockenapfel, Belle de Boskoop, CO hardiness
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:26:47 -0500

Derry,
Here in Quebec, zone 4 also, Belle de Boskoop is a great variety, hardy and
a good producer, the apples size and ripen well. The grafts I have done of
Cox Orange have not grown or survived and I doubt very much it would do
good in Minnesota. Boskoop would be worth a try, hopefully it would do as
well in Minn as in Quebec. But we can't be sure because, although Quebec
and Minn may be in the same zone, the climates really are quite different.
Claude