nafex - [NAFEX] Glockenapfel, Belle de Boskoop, CO hardiness

  • From: derry&bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Glockenapfel, Belle de Boskoop, CO hardiness
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:29:59 -0800

I've received an email from a home gardener in Minnesota. She grew up in Switzerland and her father had a few apple trees. She wants to know:

1) if Glockenapfel, Belle de Boskoop and/or Cox's Orange will grow in zone 4?
2) is there a supplier of these varieties in the Eastern US?
3) is there a supplier anywhere else in the US?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Derry Walsh
south coastal B.C.
where a Arctic front has just moved down and we're experiencing -6°C (21°F) and there's a forecast of -13°C (9°F) on Friday. Brrrrrrr.