nafex - Re: [NAFEX] russet apple varieties

  • From: "Eddie Earles" <jas39a@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] russet apple varieties
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:36:49 -0500

Hudson's Golden Gem has excellent eating qualities, and makes a large apple.
Unfortunately, it is also susceptible to every apple disease that comes down
the pike, and it doesn't yield very well (I typically get 6 to 10 apples per
year off my tree). I don't recommend it for planting east of the Rockies.

Eddie Earles