nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OT Light bulb as Xmas gift

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OT Light bulb as Xmas gift
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:47:53 -0600

I have a friend who's had CFL's and round fluorescent bulbs in her house for years, and I hate them. They aren't too bad when new, but even then it's an unpleasant light. They seem to spend years in their dotage, still giving light but of increasing dimness and the flicker ever more obvious.
I would jump at LED's except for they are $40 each!!! Well, I'll have to be looking into this anyway, because we've just bought a solar kit for our property where we would really like to have just a little bit of light and music, and a fan in the summer. Mostly we use battery powered headlamps, light where you want it wherever you go. Donna