nafex - Re: [NAFEX] snip your posts

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] snip your posts
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 01:20:48 -0500

Chris Garriss wrote:
I am not sure what the etiquette is on this list, some lists I am on are "no snip and bottom post only", others are "snip irrelevant (left to user) and bottom post" others require "top posting" some with snips, some without. It pretty much ends of being either the list consensus or the moderator's choice. Most of the "no snip, bottom post" variety are so that you can follow the thread without jumping from message to message.

I doubt that anyone here cares much about top or bottom posting as long as it is clear what you are replying to.

The big problem is when someone quotes an entire digest and doesn't even bother to change the subject line to tell which subject he is discussing. I don't read these messages in digest form, which actually makes it easier to follow. I do read a different list (not fruit related) in digest form and when someone quotes an entire digest, it can be quite confusing, with all the other posts quoted, to figure out where the next new post in the digest is really located.

Steve