nafex - Re: [NAFEX] snip your posts

  • From: NAFEX <nafex.list@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] snip your posts
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:32:14 -0800

On 11/24/2008 Chris Garriss wrote:
I am not sure what the etiquette is on this list

The goal of the list is to facilitate the exchange of useful information related to the culture of fruits and nuts.

In my humble opinion, it is best to quote only those parts of the original message that establish the context for the reply. Quoting several levels may be appropriate if it orients the reader to what is being discussed.

There is no list rule banning selective quoting.

I actually used to plead in the past for people to quote selectively, but gave up. The ease of hitting the "REPLY" button was too powerful.

On a related note, using relevant subject lines is appropriate. However, people do what they do. It's good to have a friendly message format, but more important for people to contribute to the discussion.

regards,

GREG MILLER
List Admin

BTW, I hope you don't mind that I snipped your inquiry. ;-)