nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's squirrels & more

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's squirrels & more
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:46:21 EST

In a message dated 11/13/2008 10:03:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, hartmansfruit@msn.com writes:

Do they taste anything like rat?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Don't know, never tasted one. Never skinned one to see the flesh color. But I'd imagine it would be very similar to squirrel. Squirrel is a member of the rodent family, I believe. We certainly call them tree rats! But if I were hungry enough, for sure I'd eat one.

I've eaten raccoon, very good. Muskrat is a dark fleshed meat and would like to try it, but wife isn't amicable to the idea and I don't cook. A friend from NC braggs how good ground hog is. I've tasted canned snake, but had a hard time swallowing. Wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Jerry

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news & more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=http://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)