nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's squirrels & more

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's squirrels & more
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:23:49 -0600

Agree, raccoon is good.
Beaver is good, and a VERY dark red meat, but you have to be very careful when dressing them out that you stay well away from their 'castor' glands and make certain that you don't get any on you or the meat, or that's all you'll smell/taste.

I've been trying to catch one of the groundhogs around the place out away from their burrow when I've got a rifle at the ready, but just haven't been lucky enough yet. I'm betting they'd be pretty tasty.

Lucky