nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's squirrels & more

  • From: jas39a@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jerry's squirrels & more
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:05:24 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Young groundhogs are edible, although I wouldn't call them gourmet fare.  The taste is somewhat similar to rabbit, but with a slightly odd element added.  I baked one a few years back, and that one was enough.

Forget older groundhogs.  They are very troublesome to skin--the skin just doesn't want to come off the carcass.

Eddie Earles