nafex - [NAFEX] Frozen kaki fruit

  • From: William McNam <billmcnam@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Frozen kaki fruit
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:59:55 -0800 (PST)

I gather  from this that apples can sustain 16*F (-8*C) before freezing.

Does anyone know what temperature D. kaki fruit can sustain before it freezes?
It seems tha D. virginiana fruit can withstand colder temperatures than kaki fruit.
Perhaps this is because of the comparatively higher sugar content of virginiana fruit?
Has anyone come across any data for brix numbers for ripe fruit of these species?