nafex - [NAFEX] Beech Trees

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Beech Trees
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 18:07:14 -0800

On a few occasions members have discussed beech trees as having edible nuts (mast). I thought this article might be of interest on that account. One surprise was reading that the trees only have a heavy crop about every five years. Good way to keep the squirrel population down, at least.
-Lon Rombough

Begin forwarded message:

Wild and Wonderful Mayo Advertiser, November 07, 2008.
Mayo Advertiser - Mayo,Ireland
While beech trees do not occupy anything like the place in our mythology and traditions as do, for example, the oak and the hawthorn, it still has a ...
 http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/article/4260