nafex - Re: [NAFEX] myers lemons

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: <jas39a@earthlink.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] myers lemons
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:03:09 -0600

I used to have some lemon trees in pots till I gave them all away.  I didn't have a sunny window for the winter, and anyway our winters are pretty short.  Due to the lack of direct sunshine I was able to deal with the dry indoor air by pulling down a big clear plastic bag over the plant, something like from a dry cleaner's.  They kept their leaves pretty well that way.  They don't need to be very warm, if you can just keep them from freezing till spring they'll be happy enough.  Cooler storage temp means that scales and other bugs are less hungry.  Donna