nafex - Re: [NAFEX] myers lemons

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] myers lemons
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 9:52:09 -0500

I have a Meyers lemon. It lives in the ground in my backyard when the oaks
have leaves, and moves to a pot in a SE window when the nights get cold in
the fall.

Yes, I repot it and replant it every year. I do this mostly because I
couldn't keep it adequately watered in its pot in full sun. (my
houseplants get watered no more than once a week.)

It loses a lot of leaves every time I replant it from pot to ground or
ground to pot. Especially when I repot it and bring it inside in the fall.
I don't know whether this is due to disturbing the roots, due to changes
in temp and humidity, or just seasonal. I've decided to simply accept it
as a 'feature' of growing this plant. It's incredibly tough and always
re-grows. I usually get a few lemons each year.

Good luck.
___
Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6