nafex - Re: [NAFEX] myers lemons

  • From: jas39a@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] myers lemons
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:01:41 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Yellowing can have many causes; overwatering, lack of major nutrients (usually nitrogen), lack of minor nutrients (chlorosis from lack of iron or copper), etc.  It's hard to know without seeing the plant.

One thing you will want to do is keep the plant misted.  Citrus (and most plants native to the humid tropics) need a lot of humidity to maintain good health.  This is difficult to do indoors during the winter.  If you have a humidifier, use it, and place it near the plant.  If you do not keep the environment humid enough, you may suffer infestations of scale or white flies, or a dropping of leaves.

Eddie Earles