nafex - Re: [NAFEX] window screen as borer barrier

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] window screen as borer barrier
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 9:57:05 -0500

...... Original Message .......
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:48:30 -0600 "D Stubbs" <dsmndel@gmail.com> wrote:

> My solution to keeping them from depositing eggs below the screen was to
wrap the junction with blue painters tape. . .

I use a little bit of foam sheeting, of the sort that fragile things come
wrapped in when you order by mail. I have a lot of this lying around.
Then I pull the screen tight into the foam.

I haven't had any borer damage, but my sample size is too small to be
predictive.
___
Ginda