nafex - [NAFEX] Bait for Wild Rabbits

  • From: "ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bait for Wild Rabbits
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:09:54 -0700

Maybe this has been covered before but does anyone have an idea for a bait to catch a wild rabbit?  We used to call them jack rabbits when I was a kid living in another state.  I did a search on the internet and there was a suggestion of apples and carrots.  Well there are apples all over the place and carrots that are in the ground sticking up above the ground so that isn't going to do much good.  What I am concerned about is that I have had rabbits eat the bark on young trees in the winter when there isn't a lot of other food for them to eat and I would like to catch the rabbit before that happens.

Any ideas of something that is more enticing than apples and carrots or do I have to wait until all the other food sources are gone?

Thanks,
Bob
Western Washington