nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wild Plum Jam - sooooo astringent

  • From: jas39a@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wild Plum Jam - sooooo astringent
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:32:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

We used to make preserves out of the wild plums that grew in coastal South
Carolina, and those preservess were fabulous! We were famous for them. They
weren't astringent, just really tasty. I'd have to say that they were the
best preserves I've ever eaten. Maybe you have a different species of wild
plum up there.

Eddie Earles